The 4 word gameOk, here's the deal. I have to focus all of my attention on the business plan for the next week or so. The ball is in our court and time is of the essence. Here are some time-sensitive issues that are putting pressure on my lumbar region:
1. Giving notice to our apartment - If we want to leave sometime in December, we have to let our apartment know before the last day in October. Thirty days notice is not good enough.
2. Letting my departmental director know I'm leaving - Everyone in my department knows about the Moxie and my eventual departure EXCEPT for my director. I'm not planning on telling her until the plans are 100% set in stone, which, in my eyes, won't be until our equipment loan is approved.
3. Getting our application sent in to the SFDC - The underwriter told me that the process of getting a loan through the SFDC, from submittion to approval, shouldn't take more than 2 weeks. I, however, am expecting the worse, so I'd like to get it to them within the next 7 days.
4. The equipment vendor needs dates - We need to schedule an installation date with the equipment dealer as soon as we have the loan approved. Like all good vendors and hair stylists, the earlier we set an appointment, the more flexible his schedule will be.
5. Credit applications with distributors - The majority of the film distributors we'll be dealing with need to see a credit application before working with us. We need to allow 75 days for this process to go through completely.
So, I hope you understand why it's so important for me to get the business plan finished. Although we've gone through and revised it at least three times over the course of the last 5 months, I still think it sounds like crap. When I read it, I don't see a strong, compelling arguement for giving a loan to start the Moxie, I see a fluffy 40 page diatribe written by someone who doesn't know what he's trying to say. AHHHH! Must... finish... business... plan.
In the meantime, I'd like to initiate the 4 word game. For those of you who haven't played before, the rules are really quite simple. I'll begin by giving the first 4 words, then the first commenter adds 4 words to mine, then so on and so forth. Feel free to put in periods or commas or any other grammatical tool when sentences are getting too out of control. Otherwise, have fun with it. You may not hear from me for a week or so, but feel free to play the 4 word game for as long as you like. The only rule is, if you can keep from it, try not to make two entries in a row. I'll be reading them as they come in, and you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll be playing too... as I find time... from this damn business plan!
So, have fun, leave lots of comments, and wish us luck!
Here's the first four words:
The Moxie is so...